The single biggest benefit of LaunchPads membership is access to your fellow members. We absolutely encourage LaunchPads members to make connections, collaborate on projects, share ideas, provide advice, and generally make cool stuff happen. However, members may NOT spend their days directly soliciting other members. It’s just annoying and will probably result in cancellation of your membership.
LaunchPads is, first and foremost, a place to work. While we want our community to be open, fun, energizing, and collaborative, we also want it to be professional.
1. Every person using LaunchPads must be a paid member. Exceptions: non-members can use LaunchPads if they are meeting LaunchPads members for business-related meetings or if a member has purchased a Day Pass for a non-member. Members are absolutely accountable for the conduct of their guests. Members must immediately notify LaunchPads of any additional usage beyond that designated in their current Membership Plan.
2. LaunchPads access codes are NOT transferable. You are not authorized to “give” or “loan” you access code to anyone else for any reason. LaunchPads may cancel your membership if we discover that you have violated this rule.
3. We expect members to keep the kitchen area clean. Please wash and dry your cups, glasses and dishes Please take care of your guests’ items.
4. Please label and date the food you put in the refrigerator. The LaunchPads staff reserves the right to throw anything in the refrigerator away, including breakthrough science experiments.
5. Caffeine is the lifeblood of LaunchPads. If you drink the last cup of coffee, please make a new pot.
6. LaunchPads is a discrimination and harassment free environment. We have a zero tolerance policy for any remarks or behavior failing to respect the dignity and feelings of individuals in our space. We advise that all employees of all member companies take a class on workplace harassment.
7. You agree to keep your workspace clean and orderly. You will remove all trash and cardboard boxes from your workspace or common space. Your space is for building cool products, not storage.
8. Access to conference rooms is one of the great benefits of LaunchPads membership.
Here’s some info regarding conference rooms:
(a) LaunchPads has a limited number of conference rooms and to ensure that rooms are always available members must book conference rooms prior to use. There is no drop-in use of conference rooms. The phone booth is available on a first come first serve basis and have a limit of 30 min per use.
(b) You may not re-sell or donate your conference room time to nonmembers or to outside groups.
(c) Please clean up after using a conference room. If you re-arrange the furniture in the conference room, we expect that you will return it to the original set-up when you’re finished. Please erase the white boards, too!
9. If you want to hold an event at LaunchPads, please talk to the friendly LaunchPads staff to discuss scheduling, guest policy, insurance requirements, and fees if applicable.
10. LaunchPads is a 24/7 facility for members with a dedicated plan. Day Pass members or Drop-in members will be limited to the daily work hours. If you’re a dedicated member, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t live here. We expect members to be mindful of security at all times.
11. You are welcome to proudly display your company name on a single sign as long as your signage does not damage walls or LaunchPads property. Your signage also cannot interfere with any existing items hanging on our workspace walls. Sign may be no larger than 1 ft by 1 ft. No signage can be affixed outside the main entry door (hallways) of the LaunchPads workspace.
You must agree to our Awesome Rules, for an Awesome Work Environment. Most important, you must agree to take pride and ownership in the LaunchPads Community!